- Price$ 620
- TypeGuided Tours
- Durations 06 days 05 nights
- Start CityBAGDOGRA
- End CityBAGDOGRA
- LanguagesEnglish, French, German, Russian, spanish
Are you planning to visit the majestic Himalayas? They are also known as Switzerland of India. The Himalayas in India is the perfect place to rewind and relax amidst nature. You will gasp in fresh air full of oxygen. Be mesmerized by the beauty of the hill stations, well crafted by nature in a unique way. While on a visit to these wonderful places for a family vacation; won’t it be awesome to have a cozy and welcoming hotel to stay at. When you book a Luxury Himalayan Tour in India, you can be assured of the best hospitality.
What can be the possible benefits of doing Indian trekking and tours with us? We will get you to the best places at the right time, to make sure you make most of the stay with us. While you relax during the stay at a hotel with an elegant ambiance, you can regenerate from within by indulging in an extravagant spa and other activities. We ensure you get to see the true beauty of the northeastern hill stations. You get to spend quality time with your loved ones away from the rat race life on this enthralling family holiday.
You can enjoy the whole day and come back for a scrumptious meal at the hotel. There will be a world-class arrangement which can always be customized as per your needs. Food and stay will be as memorable as the places you visit. If you are interested adventurous activities can be included for your family on the tour. And if you a couple looking for solace; just mention it. We will be your genie on demand and never disrupt your privacy.
When on one of the Himalayan trips with us; be assured to be gasping for breath at the wonderful places and events we will take you to. We ensure that you reach a location just in time to catch the perfect glimpse of a sunset or a sunrise; as these are best lived moments of a Sikkim Gangtok tour. You can see the tea gardens; where the famous Darjeeling tea actually comes from?
When you join us for one of the many tours of Himalayas like the Gangtok tour we will give you a chance to cherish each moment by witnessing the raw flora and fauna of the northeastern hill stations. You will also be experiencing their rich traditions when we visit the core areas. Be ready to be spellbound by the waterfalls and the green tea gardens around. You can see the tea making right from the leaf to your cup en route.
We will ensure that you are accompanied by a professional well versed English tour guide. He will narrate the brief history of each place visited on your tour along with the places of interest. You will also be given a chance to shop around at the local market and accumulate souvenirs for your friends back home. Tribal items can also be included in your list of items to be purchased. If you enjoy local food you can go around to pinch your taste buds.
Special features of the Packages
• Tours will come with pick up and drop services from the airport via private transport, as per the itinerary assisted by our designated representatives so that you have a smooth trip.
• You will be given a warm welcome with fresh flowers garland; so that you feel fresh after your tiring journey.
• All sightseeing services will be facilitated in good condition air-conditioned private transport as per the itinerary with well-behaved drivers.
• We are offering a comfortable stay at clean and good 4 star hotels along with breakfast at each hotel being included.
• Rooms are mostly twin sharing basis, but they can be customized as per your needs. The charges of accommodation will have all taxes included, but any personally used items from the room will not be included.
• Will transfers parking fees, fuel refills and driver allowances will be taken care of by us, you won’t have to worry about it.
• At places of interest, fluent English speaking and well-informed guide will be provided by us.
• Please note entry to monuments will not be included, they will be solely at your discretion.
• The tour package does not include any domestic or international transport to reach the place from where the tour begins. Air travel or train travel will have to be separately arranged by you at your own expense.
Know before you go
- Your tour at Tours Zoo includes all airport to hotel to airport private transfers as per the itinerary with meeting and assistance by our representative
- Welcome with garlands on arrival
- Sightseeing services using air-conditioned transport with the driver as per the tour program
- Accommodation in luxury hotels offering luxury experience with 5 star hotels with breakfast in all the places. Double or twin sharing shall be provided as per your preference. Accommodation includes all applicable taxes.
- All taxes are included
- Parking fees, fuel charges, driver allowance are all included
- Services of an English speaking local guide is included only during the sightseeing tour as per the program.
- Entrance fees to the monuments are not included
- Any personal usage items at the hotel or on tour are not included.
- Any domestic or International airfare or train fare is not included.
- Audio guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Special activities
- Transport by air-conditioned
DAY 1: ARRIVAL AT BAGDOGRA AND TRANSFER TO DARJEELING
When you arrive at Bagdogra by rail or by air, you will be received by our representative. He will give you a warm welcome with garlands. If time allows then you will be told about the places to visit in Bagdogra. If you are accompanied by children, then try to sneak in space for visiting science museum to enhance their cognitive skills. Or you may be interested to go in for an adrenaline rush at the Dearmland amusement park. You will be taken directly to Darjeeling hill station the same day. Check in at the hotel and stay for the night will be there.
DAY 2: DARJEELING TOUR
You will be visiting the tiger hills to witness the golden sunrise on the Kanchenjunga range of the Himalayas. When the sun rises it feels that it is spilling molten gold on the hilltop. It is once in a lifetime experience, must not miss. On the way back to the hotel you will be visiting the famous Ghoom Monastery. It is cold in the morning in all seasons so please dress accordingly. Enjoy your satisfying and energizing breakfast to last you throughout the tour. In a relaxed mode enjoy the ride on a joy ride while aboard the heritage toy train. This ride takes you to Ghoom , the world’s highest rail station and back to Darjeeling. In the afternoon you will be engaged in the visit to Himalayan Mountaineering institute; you can catch a glance at the best mountaineers stepping foot on Mount Everest. Then visit the Zoological park; while at the zoo you can see Siberian tigers, red pandas and snow leopards among the other animals and Tibetian refugee center. Though the zoo and mountaineering institute is closed on Thursdays while refugee camp is shut on Sunday; so plan accordingly. The night stay will be at the same hotel.
DAY 3: TRANSFER FROM DARJEELING TO KALIMPONG
Once you have finished relishing your breakfast, you will proceed towards Kalimpong hill station by road. On your way, you can enjoy the surreal greenery all around you. Tea gardens can be seen on your way. Try to eat a decent amount of food only as the route is going to be wavy and may make you throw up if you have had too much. Then check-in at a hotel in Kalimpong. In the afternoon you will be visiting the monasteries so please dress accordingly. At the Zang Dog Plari Fo Brang Monastery, Tharpa Choling Monastery and Thongsa Gumpa. It is interesting to note that these are Bhutanese monasteries. You can learn about the teachings of Lord Budhha and visit the monks. You can meditate for a while to find inner peace and get in touch with your spiritual side. Then you can go to the flower nurseries to see the different and unique flowers found in the northeast only due to the environment available. In the evening you can leisure around in the city and try local food. It is generally non-spicy but please ask for details before you try something new. Then stay for the night at your hotel.
DAY 4: TRANSFER FROM KALIMPONG TO GANGTOK
In the morning breakfast will be available as per your choice. Then travel to Gangtok hill station by road. This is a very beautiful journey, so keep a camera at hand to click view en-route as memories of this family vacation. Once in Gangtok, you will check in to the hotel. You will be given a free evening to visit the local market at your own sweet pace or just sip a warm coffee in your balcony. You must visit the Ganesh Tok, it is a little aside from the main city but worth a visit. You will surely be mesmerized by the view from there. If time permits visit the Banjhakri Falls. You can go to the Tashi Viewpoint and see the beautiful sunset over the valley below. It is a breathtaking moment when before your eyes you can see the rays of the sun traveling from one end of the valley to towards the other. Then proceed to the local market to buy some good woolen clothes if interested. Stay at a hotel where you checked in.
DAY 5: GANGTOK TOUR
Energize yourself with breakfast and get ready for the day. You shall be visiting a few monasteries here as well. It includes going to the Rumtek Monastry, Do Drul Chorten Stupa, Enchey Monastry. It is wonderful to notice how these monasteries are built on almost hilltops giving them solace in itself. You are among the rest but still, get inner peace. Learn more about Lord Buddha and his teachings. The Stupas have intricate designs and architecture. Then you shall be visiting the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology. As the name suggests you will get an insight into the Tibetian culture. Research is being done here to identify Tibet as a separate culture as a whole. Though it remains closed on Sunday, so plan accordingly. You can also see the cottage industry; it will give you an idea about the industry in Sikkim and how the people here survive. It is also closed on Sunday. The late evening is for your leisure time. Spend it as you like. Settle in for the night at your hotel.
DAY 6: TRANSFER FROM GANGTOK TO BAGDOGRA
You shall be brought to Bagdogra after breakfast by road. If you had missed something while going uphill then try to cover up now if time permits. But please make sure to be in time for your flight or train.
How many people will be on my trip?
Good things come in small packages, which is why we keep our group sizes down. This means we’re small enough to remain flexible as we thread our way through communities without intimidating the locals. On most of our trips, you’ll be part of an intimate group of 12-16 people, though our group sizes are on average 10 people. Our Overland trips are in purpose-built vehicles that can carry up to 24 travelers. Group sizes are displayed on each trip’s overview page on our website.
Can I just do part of the trip?
Although you won’t be reimbursed for any portion of the trip unused, you can opt to sign off the trip if you need to leave a day or so earlier. If you let us know before travel that you’ll be arriving late or need to leave before the end of the trip, we will notify our team on the ground to best accommodate your requirements.